Book an Appointment
LASIK EYE SURGERY IN DELHI: LATEST SPECS REMOVAL SURGERY
Currently, LASIK Eye Surgery is the most popular vision correction surgery in the world. With LASIK becoming popular, millions of people are going for it to cure their vision-related problems. It has been able to correct some common refractive errors, like Myopia (Nearsightedness), Hyperopia (Farsightedness), and Astigmatism.
In this surgery, an ophthalmologist uses a laser beam to give a proper shape to the cornea and rectify the vision problem faced by the patient. The laser beam either flattens the cornea for curing Myopia or steepens the cornea for curing Hyperopia.
Well, LASIK surgery is one of the best procedures in the field of eye-care for ultimately getting enhanced vision and freedom from glasses or lenses.
However, one should remember that LASIK is not for everyone. Some people might not get fully benefited from it. One should consult a doctor and go through a thorough evaluation to determine if they are suitable for LASIK or not.
Types of LASIK Surgery
- Bladeless Laser Method : In this procedure, the surgeon doesn’t use any kind of blade for correcting the vision. Rather, the surgeon makes use of two types of laser to complete vision correction procedures. The lasers used for surgery are the Femtosecond Laser and the Excimer Laser. Either one or both types of lasers can be used.The femtosecond laser offers a precision of 5 microns, which isn’t possible for a blade to perform. On the other hand, the excimer laser is used for cornea reshaping. This process of bladeless laser surgery is a safe procedure. It allows a person to get a good quality vision.
- Blade LASIK Method : In this procedure, the surgeon uses a special blade, known as Microkeratome is used for creating the corneal flap. Once the flap is created, then the Excimer Laser is used for correcting the spectacle power. Modern microkeratomes are able to create flap almost similar to the ones created by Femto Lasers.
- Surface Laser Method : This procedure is suitable for people who can’t opt for regular LASIK and have a thin cornea. Talking with an eye-surgeon is recommended, in order to know about this surgery.
Refractive Problems That LASIK Can Cure
Lasik surgery helps to cure different troubles related to refractive complications. Hence, this surgery method helps to rectify the following refractive difficulties:
- Myopia : It is a medical term for nearsightedness. In this condition, one can only see an object near to it. Far away objects get hazy.
- Symptoms : One often complains about not being able to see the writings on the television screen, resulting in headache and eye strain (if forcibly done).
- Hyperopia : It is a medical term for farsightedness. In this condition, one can easily see the objects that are far off but faces difficulty with the close objects.
- Astigmatism : It prevents the light to focus on the retina of the eye in a particular angle. Due to the elliptical shape of the cornea the light curves unusually while going through the eyeball.
- Symptoms : Certain symptoms of this condition are eyestrains; blinking; headache; hazy vision; trouble in driving (night).
- Symptoms : One often complains about unclear vision; headache; and eyestrain.
Don’t know if you are a suitable candidate for LASIK or not? Don’t worry! Get in touch with our expert doctors today. After a proper evaluation of your eye, doctors will be able to tell if you are a right candidate for LASIK or other procedures would be better for you.
There are certain pre-requisites for the LASIK surgery. The candidate needs to be above 18 years of age and he/she should have a stable refraction. Also, a normal corneal profile and good corneal thickness is mandatory.
Factors Causing Refractive Errors
- Eye Length : If the shape of your eye is too long or too short, it can affect your vision. You may be suffering from either nearsightedness or farsightedness.
- Shape of the Cornea : A proper image is refracted if the lens is perfectly spherical in shape. Astigmatism can occur if the cornea is unevenly shaped.
- Shape of the Lens : There will be no refractive errors if the curve of the lens matches the shape of the cornea and is just perfect for the length of the eye. Imperfect lens curve leads to farsightedness (even shaped lens), nearsightedness (abrupt curved lens), and many other complications.
In today’s world, LASIK surgery has a far-reaching effect. So undergoing LASIK surgery is considered the best way to get rid of any vision problems.
LASIK Surgery Cost in Delhi
The cost of LASIK surgery in Delhi depends on the technology chosen by the patient. The cost of bladeless LASIK surgery is a bit high when compared to blade LASIK method. However, the cost also depends on the experience of the surgeon. We are committed to provide the best possible eye-care treatment to patients.
Best Surgeon for LASIK Surgery
Dr. Surya Kant Jha is the best surgeon for LASIK – Refractive Correction Surgery.
LASIK is a vision correction surgery that is performed via laser. This surgery greatly reduces the dependence on glasses and lenses.
Only those who have a good chance of getting freedom from glasses or lenses are considered suitable for this surgery. Hence, with LASIK surgery, one won’t need to wear lenses or glasses.
LASIK is FDA approved; hence, this eye-surgery is completely safe for people with a refractive error or vision problems.
No. You will need someone to take you back home. It is because the vision will remain slightly blurry after the surgery.
Liposuction is generally performed on different parts of the body, especially that’s prone to fat deposits. The most popular areas are thighs, hips, flanks, arms, face and neck, stomach, and some other areas.
To know whether LASIK would be suitable for you or not, consider a complete eye evaluation from a doctor. They can guide you on it.